FOR THE DEAD WRITER WHO HAS EVERYTHING (revisited)

I don't think about the afterlife very often.
I keep busy so unless I'm writing about it, or something happens to someone I know, I keep it an abstract thought pushed far back into the recesses of my brain.
If something does happen to me, I have had discussions about what I'd like done with my physical remains with my family members.(Got to get that will written.)
I'm hoping that by the time I croak and wave good-bye to this plane of existence, they'll be shooting peoples remains to the moon or just out into the cosmos.  Perfect last trip for a die hard Trekie. I'll be able to go where no woman has gone before, mixed up with several other people. 

But in the meantime two friends discovered the first two interesting things you can do with your CARBON BASED LIFE FORM remains. I just had to share them and others I've discovered since.

A BOX OF PENCILS  Perfect last gift to your loved ones to remember you by, a pencil made from your ashes. With your name on it.  I hope they have colored ones by the time I go.



LIFE GEM MEMORIAL DIAMONDS  A diamond made from a lock of your hair.


Now, I'd really rather be a diamond instead of a pencil, but with the cost of funerals I probably won't have anything left after paying for my Star Trek adventure. So, I think it would still be pretty cool to be written with. Since I've done so much writing in this life, kind of sounds fitting to me.

Holy Smoke ! Did you know that if you're a hunter, or just love to shoot, you can have a pound of your ashes loaded into shot gun shells so they can shoot them off at your funeral?  It's $850.00. My daughter told me about this one.


Vinyly   a British company has created vinyl records mixed with your ashes.  You can have different songs created Knocking on Heavens Door, Stairway to Heaven and others . I love Led Zeppelin so I'd have to have that one.


 Cremation jewelry  You can also by jewelry to put your loved ones ashes in and wear them.

Decisions, Decisions.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!

Teresa Reasor
Highland Moonlight  (April 2013)
To Capture a Highlander's Heart: The Beginning (FREE READ)
Captive Hearts  (May 2013)
Timeless (January 2012)
An Automated Death(A Steampunk Short Story) March 2013
Breaking Free (Book 1 of the SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers)2011
Breaking Through (Book 2 of the SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers) 2012
Breaking Away (Book 3 of the SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers) coming 2013
Visit me at http://www.teresareasor.com

Comments

Susan Macatee said…
Funny, Teresa! Diamond vs. pencil is a no brainer. lol

But have to keep those expenses in line unless you get a big, fat contract before you go.
I figure I can dream. Maybe I'll make a million and will be able to leave everyone a diamond pendant or ring.
I don't know if I want to be sharpened into oblivion when I'm already there to begin with.
HA!
Teresa
Yah, I'd take the diamond as well. Who knows, I may need bribe money. Tweeted.
Unknown said…
I would choose the diamond...I have too much hair...they could make more than one...my happy heirs!
I'd love to be able to say the same, but I have enough hair for about half a person and they'll have to really work to get enough locks.

And some of my family would probably list them on ebay and sell them.

Teresa
Unknown said…
What a wild subject, Teresa... and definitely, a diamond (although if they do make the pencils colored, I'd like that, too. I love all those happy shades). Fingers in V-formation: "Live long and prosper" to you, too.
Mairi:
Thanks for stopping by. There's a lot of weird things out there.
Teresa
Lyn Horner said…
Hello fellow Trekie! What an adventure that would be.

I'll take a diamond. It willlast longer. LOL!
Longer than we do for certain. Thanks for posting a comment, Lyn.
Teresa R.

Popular posts from this blog

Kallypso Masters and Nobody's Perfect

The Parasite Archetype

Writing Through